KidHelps is a professional diagnostic and treatment service available to children and parents in
- My objective is to give parents and professionals tools to better enable your child to function more successfully at home, at school and in the community. The areas addressed are communication challenges and inappropriate behaviors. Direct therapy services are an integral part of the process.
- An understanding of behavior and communication challenges is obtained through a thorough functional assessment of the child in the natural environment where the difficult behaviors or communication challenges occur; home, school, and/or community settings.
- Once causative factors of inappropriate behaviors and/or communication challenges are identified, specific treatment and concrete support recommendations will be personally tailored to your child's needs. Such an individual program, which includes personally designed visual/concrete tools, social stories, and video teaching (to name a few) are important to help your child reduce his/her anxiety and to give your child more success in communicating needs and in emotional regulation of behaviors and social skills.
- I will provide support and training by working directly with the child, his/her parents, and any school staff working directly with the child. Schools are invited but not required to participate.
- Direct treatment is recommended when needed; otherwise a consulting model is utilized.